TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Aug 21st, 2013, 02:03 AM   #1408
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
I'm still failing to see what the questionable decisions are though.

She did not fire Hoggy, Hoggy stated himself in a recent interview that he's worked in the tennis realm for 34 years straight. It's time for him to focus on his personal life. His long time friend Mats also went on the record to say there was nothing more to the split than what was announced.

Hiring Connors wasn't as bad as people make out considering she'd worked with him briefly before and enjoyed the experience, and Yuri pushed for it too. (Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean it was unjustified).

The fact that she ended the partnership quickly is telling, she knew going in that it would take a while for them to click. She's been through this with Hoggy. The fact that she ended it so quickly indicates that something happened which showed it was never going to work. So it was best to end the partnership quickly.
I don't blame her for Connors hiring, the sooner you get rid of something which is not suitable the better. I am more worried whom she will chose next. I am not a pro in terms of this, but i think there are no really good coaches around now. Yuri is not the option. He can provide her mental support which is good for now, but no more.
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote