TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Aug 20th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #1402
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
I'm still failing to see what the questionable decisions are though.

She did not fire Hoggy, Hoggy stated himself in a recent interview that he's worked in the tennis realm for 34 years straight. It's time for him to focus on his personal life. His long time friend Mats also went on the record to say there was nothing more to the split than what was announced.

Hiring Connors wasn't as bad as people make out considering she'd worked with him briefly before and enjoyed the experience, and Yuri pushed for it too. (Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean it was unjustified).

The fact that she ended the partnership quickly is telling, she knew going in that it would take a while for them to click. She's been through this with Hoggy. The fact that she ended it so quickly indicates that something happened which showed it was never going to work. So it was best to end the partnership quickly.
Thank You.

Also like Ogioh said earlier, the whole 'SugarPova' publicity was planned AHEAD irregardless of her on court results. Even had she miraculously won Wimbledon and/or Cincinnati earlier (or the coaching fiasco happened or not), her team was still going to create buzz with the Sugarpova promo before USO.

US Open HIGHLY commercial and they know it. Why not manipulate to gain free publicity for her own premium brand?

And how is she gonna hurt her reputation for SugarPova publicity? This bitch has been promoting SugarPova every since it came out. Are we gonna say her interviews with Chelsea, CBS Morning Show (which are all done with the sole intention of Sugarpova promotion) are damaging her reputation as a tennis player?

Her career and brand are already firmly established! I don't give a damn how the media and the casual tennis fans are gonna perceive her as the Kournikova 2.0 at this point.

Doubt her tennis skills, doubt her tennis IQ, doubt her game but NEVER doubt her commitment to tennis!

But who cares? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
Wait Kerber's ankle I thought it was her shoulder..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I hope its both.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!