TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Aug 20th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #1381
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I'll continue to be the overreacting buzzkill. I am now officially concerned about the mental well-being of Maria if this promotional stunt goes through. After everything that's happened to her in the past couple of months, you'd think now would be a good time to lay low and let the tennis do the talking at the last major of the year. The Connors mistake made her look like a fool and now days later she feels it's the perfect time to put her business first with this ridiculous name change, which will make her the butt of even more mockery.

Maybe at a different time and place, during a good run for Maria where she's winning tournaments and playing at an elite level, this kind of promotion would look cute, fun, and harmless. But after a Wimbledon flameout, 2 coaching changes, including the Connors mess, and winning only 1 match since early June, this looks beyond dumb.

When you watch how intense Serena and Vika were yesterday and how badly they want to win and how focused they are with their tennis and then you look at Maria and everything she's been up to lately in comparison, I just shake my head.

Maria Sugarpova? Are you kidding me?

I PRAY this is a hoax.
100% this. On the other hand, the only thing better than her just changing it, would be her winning the Open, and then having Sugarpova engraved forever to that trophy

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote