TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

View Single Post

Old Aug 20th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #874
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiMo View Post
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/...cle3847544.ece

She wants to change her name to Sugarpova during US Open. Is this a joke or something?
just to point out the bottleneck in the article, IFAIK "Supreme Court of Florida" has no authority changing her name while she has russian citizenship and has a russian passport.
Of course she could just use an artist name, like some flop call themselves Lady Gaga or Madonna... but obviously USTA/ITF wouldnt allow that for simply commercial reasons. She needs an official namechange to force USTA/ITF accepting the change. But again, I dont know what "Supreme Court of Florida" can do in this case, especially now she is living in California, i dont know which state gives her green card or residence card...

Long story short, my understanding is she has to change her name in Russia.