TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Aug 20th, 2013, 07:10 AM   #1372
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post

On a sidenote, my god can some of you OVERREACT. Up till Wimbledon her results were incredible, and now some of you are ready to jump ship. Really sad the lack of faith you give Maria after all these years.
I agree. 2013 hasn't been a poor year at all. July/August just has been a poor couple of months, that's all. But shit happens and you can't be on top all of the time. Things can change very quickly in tennis. Up until a few days ago everyone argued that Serena was utterly dominant and the best player out there by a huge margin. If Vika would win the USO after winning the AO and beating Serena in Doha and Cincy you can bet your life that half of TF will argue that she is in fact the real number one. If Li or Radwanska would win the USO many will say that we now have a big four instead of a big three. And if Maria would win it many of those who now declare 2013 a disaster will argue that it's one of the best years of her career. No matter how unfair and perhaps even absurd it is players are always judged on their most recent performance - even when they have the track record of someone like Maria. Maria will sort things out. If not now then in the future because she has the heart of a champion and will never be satisfied with being one of the many instead of one of the few.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote