TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors

View Single Post

Old Aug 19th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #64
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Independent Woman: Maria Coachless At The US Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobruiz View Post
I don't remember Yuri ever saying Maria couldn't beat Justine and, for that matter, I just do not believe he would ever tell Joyce that Maria flat out could not beat Serena. Yuri is not like that.
Am I going completely crazy and completely imagining it? I still can't find anything online about it. I just have this really strong memory of, at Wimbledon 2006, when most people were anticipating a Henin-Sharapova final, I remember some commentators on the BBC coverage discussing the prospect and saying something like "even her own dad is reported to think she can't beat her". I think it was something along the lines of Yuri (being quoted as) saying Justine had too much variety for her which Maria is incapable of matching. I am determined to find proof
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote