TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors

View Single Post

Old Aug 19th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #63
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Independent Woman: Maria Coachless At The US Open

I don't necessarily think their relationship was turning south at all, it was Yuri who sat Maria down after A0 08 and said she was gonna have to go it alone. Yuri was always one to bring people in so that she could maximise her potential, and she'd made it at that stage. I don't care what anyone says but the tennis she was playing was unrivaled, she would have definitely won another Slam that season if the shoulder didn't happen.

And perhaps she will be tougher when he's there, she started to become a flop at closing out matches when he left, although the strain of knowing her shoulder wasn't right and everyone telling her it was could have affected her mentality .