TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors

View Single Post

Old Aug 19th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #55
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Independent Woman: Maria Coachless At The US Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
how can Yuri be bad for her when she was at her most fearless and confident self when he was around? Maybe daddy's support is exactly what she needs right now - she's a good daughter afterall
I don't want to go into it too much because I feel like I'm reaching Mexicola/Fighterpova levels of pessimism but basically I'm not totally convinced Yuri WAS responsible for her pre-surgery fearless attitude. If Michael Joyce's quotes about him always saying that Maria couldn't beat Serena (admittedly Joyce might have been bullshitting), I just can't see how constantly having that mindset all around Maria is helpful to her or would cause to her to have a positive, fearless attitude. (Also, I'm convinced I remember him being quoted as saying a similar thing that Maria couldn't beat Henin back in 2006, before the US Open final, when Maria was on a 4-match losing streak against her and her choke in the 3rd set of their AO match seemed to indicate a mental block--but I couldn't find anything when I Googled it so I might've imagined it.)
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote