TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Aug 18th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #1290
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
What's more dull than Nadal? The insistence that he's dull. Let it go already people. Besides, at the very least even his bigger haters must admit he's more entertaining than Murray.

Yes, there were upsets on the men's side, but there were good matches. The top players not winning does not mean there wasn't quality play.
I would've agreed a while ago, but I actually find Murray (since he occasionally started playing aggressively from the start of 2012) more entertaining than Nadal thesedays I wouldn't actually mind if Rafa was playing legitimate GOAT tennis like he was in 2008, but he's not even been playing that well this year, he's not even been willing to chase down every single ball like he used to. It's similar to Serena's results the past couple of years, the other players are constantly fawning over them and going on how about GOATly they are that they go out there believing there's nothing they can do, and even in matches where they outplay them, they always inevitably crap themselves at crunch time.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!