TennisForum.com - View Single Post - US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

View Single Post

Old Aug 18th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #81
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
It's looking like more and more of a shame that Maria's in the state that she's in heading into the US Open when you break down the other contenders. Yes, Serena is still the huge favorite to win, but she hasn't been close to her best this summer and she has a bit of an abdominal issue right now. And then there's Vika. Her serve is an absolute joke and last night's match was one of the most disgraceful matches I've seen in years. It would be a massive black eye on women's tennis if she gets anywhere near an Open title this season. Then you have the usual round of suspects like Li, Stosur, Kvitova, Woz, Jankovic, Lisicki, Errani, etc., none of which are setting the world on fire. I'd say Radwanska has been the best player behind Serena, but even at her best, Agi isn't going to scare a normal Maria.

So the US Open this year looks as getable as it's going to be and it's too bad Maria couldn't be entering it rolling on all cylinders.
I'm scared how much I'm agreeing with you lately But yes, if Maria had just managed to produce her form from IW/Miami (which in itself wasn't spectacular) then that would've been enough to make her the form player heading into the USO with the WTA in the state it's in right now. Sadly, it's inkeeping with her tendency since mid-2012 to peak at the wrong times and not capitalise when there's opportunities.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote