TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Aug 18th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #1288
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
Serena was involved in the three best female tennis matches of the year. Her vs Lisicki, Her vs Kuznetsova and to a lesser extent Her vs Maria in Miami were all incredible matches. Maria vs Aze at the RG was messy but at least entertaining. The quality of play overall, especially this last month, has been dismal. That can't be denied. When Serena, Maria and Azerenka aren't playing their best at the same time the entire field is greatly lacking. That Aze-Jelena semi is just the peak of pathetic tennis.

On another note, here's the new top-five-er Berdych in a ridiculous shirt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GR2...wN7Or4kIJDYNXA
Even in those two matches, the actual quality of tennis was poor, it's just the drama that made them entertaining.

It's such a shame (and a weird) turn of events that we followed up 2012, which imo was the best year for the WTA in ages, with one of the worst. I never thought I'd catch myself saying this, but it's honestly an insult that the women are getting the same prizemoney as the men with the huge gulf in quality between them right now.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!