TennisForum.com - View Single Post - US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

View Single Post

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #63
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Wow, never a dull moment in Maria Land. Obviously, I'm thrilled that the Connors experiment is over. I said it would be a disaster from day one and now you know why I was so emotional when it was announced. Nothing good was ever going to come from it.

But I am also very concerned about the state of Maria's tennis life. I'm stunned that she looks so directionless and confused right now. She's been out there for almost a decade and one of the things I've always admired about her is how mature and grounded she's always been, despite being under the microscope as the most famous female athlete in the world.

I just don't know what to make of these last couple of months. Maria really needs to take some time and get her life in order. There's no reason to panic or rush anything. She needs to reach out to the most important people in her life and get some guidance.

This is definitely an embarrassment and humiliation for her and you know the other players will be snickering about it. Maria needs to be strong and prioritize and reevaluate what's important to her. And that includes her boyfriend, Sugarpova, and her other off-court endeavours. Where does tennis fit in?

It's a crisis and we'll have to see how she handles it.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote