TennisForum.com - View Single Post - US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

View Single Post

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #52
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I'm not sure I even really buy that Yuri was responsible for her pre-surgery "fearless" attitude tbh. I mean, what about the reports that he always said she couldn't beat Serena? I think I have a hazy memory of him being quoted as saying just before the US Open in '06 that he didn't believe Maria could beat Justine as well (though I'm not 100% on that). Not to mention when he walked out in disgust towards the end of her match against Radwanska at the USO in '07. That doesn't really sound like someone who was instilling a fearless, never-say-die attitude in her
Tbf anyone would have walked out in that Radwanska match. I rate it higher in atrociousness than Oudin. Especially with Radwanska returning at the service line. But in saying that, who else instilled that attitude? She had it from the moment she burst onto the scene. It sure as hell wasn't Michael Joyce. So Bollettieri? The throat slitting incident? I have always thought of Yuri as an incredibly fired up person so who knows I guess I just think it's stability she needs atm, not radical change, personally.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote