TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Polona Hercog Cheering Thread vol2

View Single Post

Old Aug 15th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #738
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Polona Hercog Cheering Thread vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by igralec33 View Post
Good week, girl! I knew it she would make it close against Pusherrani as well. I have really good feeling she will have great end of season.
I think so too. And not just the end of this season but I think overall in her career she is just beginning. Let's not forget Polona is still pretty young by contemporary standards and she has had a lot of injuries to boot.

It has taken Polona a while to figure out how to play on hard courts but I think she's finally got the hang of it now. Also I believe Polona is the type of player who takes some time to develop anyway. Generally it seems players who use a lot of slice in their game do take longer to develop. But once they become fully aware of how to best use their strengths they can go on to achieve a great deal.

I think it is worth noting that the three players with the best sliced backhands in the top 50, Vinci, Flipkens and Rybarikova are all currently at career highs or thereabouts. There is no reason Polona can't be having the same kind of success these three girls are having right now. Basically what I'm saying is that I believe the best is yet to come from Polona and honestly I see her years from her midtwenties to her early thirties as being a time when she has great success.