TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sorana News And Articles

View Single Post

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #229
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sorana News And Articles

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...ament-11251315

You have reached #21 in the world, the best position you have ever occupied. How are you?
Excellent. I am very glad, but I don't care much about my ranking position. I am most pleased that my game has progressed further. Being ranked 21st is the result of the hard work that I have invested in training and through my latest victories.

Let's take a radiograph of your week in Toronto. How was it playing Olga Savchuk in the first round?
It was a very difficult game because it was the first one in the tournament. I have not played sensational, but it was enough to win.

Followed Caroline Wozniacki ...
I started very badly. I was close to an exit, but the fact that I saved two match points and then got 15 points in a row says something about how well I recovered.

Was it a little easier against Jelena Jankovic?
Not at all, but I have improved and I was able to take the opportunities I got to take revenge for the defeat at Miami.

In the quarters you have defeated the Czech Petra Kvitova for the first time. (Romanian sports media fail)
And how hard it was! Petra is an uncomfortable player with a totally different style of play than most girls on the circuit.

You have played the Chinese Li Na more often in the past... Yes, but it's good that I met her in the semifinals and not in the early stages of the tournament, as it was until recently. Li Na may have been the best match. I felt very strong mentally and I was able to translate everything I had in mind on to the court.

What happened in the final with Serena?
I got a bad day. Nothing worked. I could not serve and felt low on my mentality ... I've been a little tired after a long tour ...

Were you nervous?
No. Not at all. I just had an off-day. I was a little disappointed in myself at the end.

Why were you crying at award ceremony?
I had high hopes for the final. I really wanted to win and it was quite a let-down.

You received a lot of vocal support from the stands.
I never thought I'd meet a patriotic atmosphere so far away from home. The Romanians in Toronto were great, they made me feel at home and I want to thank them so much. I am grateful as well to those who sent me thousands of messages on social networks.

How do you explain your ascendant lately?
The changes I made date back longer than just a few weeks, but now I see the results of it. After Wimbledon I took a vacation after which I felt really good. Then I came to America and I had between 6-8 hours preparation a day. I can say that I've changed, I've matured, I've learned from past mistakes and take things step by step. For me and my staff it was not a big surprise how far I came in Toronto.

Which influence has the new Australian coach Darren Cahill on Sorana?
Darren is with me for six years, but only in recent weeks he worked together really closely. He gave me a lot of confidence, taught me not to give up and always believe in myself. Besides Darren, Victor Ionita is playing an important role as well, as he has sacrificed the last two years to be with me.

Which advice did Graf and Agassi give you?
Besides a lot of technical and tactical related stuff, I always say that a great athlete must be human. I was advised to always be humble, down to earth and only look at my game and my life.

What can we expect from Sorana at the U.S. Open?
The U.S. Open are still far away. I want to play the tournament at Cincinnati and then I'll think of the U.S. Open. I can tell you that I will get my game working and I will try to give everything on court.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote