TennisForum.com - View Single Post - US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

View Single Post

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #18
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
There were numerous issues in her game. She was a reliable deep contender, but outside of clay she needed to get lucky with the draw or play her absolute best to win tournaments.

Maybe the timing of the change sucks, but Maria should NOT have been satisfied with her game. The change was needed IMO, nothing was improving anymore.
Yeah I agree that there are issues in her game, but I'm not so sure if it was Hoggy's fault or that they weren't trying to fix them, I mean if we can see what the issues are I'm sure so can the experts But yeah timing to change coach was definitely not a good one and I'm not so sure Connors is the right choice. Maybe if she felt Thomas couldn't bring anything more to her game she should have waiter till the off season or after the USO to change coach. Or at least be willing to play some more tournaments up to the Open because she definitely needs the match practice.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote