TennisForum.com - View Single Post - US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

View Single Post

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #17
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
Yep exactly. I think she'll be back on track for next year, but it pisses me off because there was nothing wrong with her game with Hoggy she's just not good on grass anymore this change just seams totally unnecessary for me and I think someone so high-profile as Jimmy won't be a long term collaboration. And I think if she was with Hoggy she could have won the USO if she got lucky and something happened to Serena. Now 2013 seems kind of like a wasted year to me.

EDIT: when I say something happened to Serena I mean if she lost not like if she got injured
There were numerous issues in her game. She was a reliable deep contender, but outside of clay she needed to get lucky with the draw or play her absolute best to win tournaments.

Maybe the timing of the change sucks, but Maria should NOT have been satisfied with her game. The change was needed IMO, nothing was improving anymore.