TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Struggle Tennis

View Single Post

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #182
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Struggle Tennis

Well, not surprising, but shame she had to lose to someone like Stephens.

Maria has been so unfocused lately. Since she started dating that metro guy, her carrer has been heading into a downward spiral and she seems more interested in selling candy than playing tennis

2013 was starting to look like a fantastic year with her results leading into the FO being even better than in 2012. She looked pretty great in the FO, especially vs Vika and you could tell she was miles ahead everyone else on the tour apart from Serena. She then valiantly fought in the final and gave a good performance.

Wimbledon was understandable as well given how unprepared everyone else was and how lightly she took it. She didn't come in prepared and in addition to that she got injured. In general, I don't think Wimbledon is a tournament we will be looking for in her future career.

This loss is perhaps one of her worst in recent years and is almost a copy of her 2010 type of losses. It's beyond me how she could have 16 winners and 62 UE Stephens did absolutely nothing to deserve this win, it was gifted to her. The alarming thing is that her game is completely off and so is her confidence. She will be heading into the USO with one match on hard courts under her belt and a losing streak which is really, really bad. Unlike AO the previous two years (where she didn't have any preparation), this is a lot different. She is by no means fresh and a lot of players are used to going into the AO without a warmup.

Honestly, the end of the year will be bed as most of us can expect. Realistically, the biggest goal we can expect at the USO is R4 (and I'm being generous here) and I fear she wont even reach that far.

Vika isn't playing great either, but she is at least playing a lot more matches and will be fit by the USO. Like I said for Wimbledon too (when everyone told me I was crazy), Serena will most likely lose in R4/QF and Maria isn't even a contender to begin with, so the main contender will be Azarenka. No matter her warumps, she saves the best for Slams and I would be surprised if anyone other than her won it. I've been saying it since the end of the year that she would win both AO and USO

As for Maria, she has a lot of work to do before she gets to at least average form. I'm not confident going into the USO at all, but this is sports and something you have to deal with as a fan.
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote