TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Struggle Tennis

View Single Post

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 05:31 AM   #163
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Glory, Hallelujah! Hardcourt Glory In The Queen City!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
Okay, look. I'm not here to Troll. I don't hate Maria. Though I will throw her under the bus in relation to Serena every time and make no apologies for that, I actually like her game. So here's my question: What the hell is really going on?

She's clearly not as fit and technically she's a mess. I've never seen her dump so many balls in the net. Usually if she's making errors off the ground she hitting long. Is this hip injury more serious than we've been led to believe. That's the only reason I can think of for her pulling off on so many groundstrokes. She seemed very reluctant to staying down and hitting through the ball.

Also, there were balls that in times past she never would have given up on that she simply refused to try and get. Ultimately, I'm beginning to believe that she should have never been on the court tonight.

Anyway, again, I'm not trying to troll. If I was, I would have posted this in the GM, and it would have been open season. So...,
Well, thanks for the concerns

This loss (along with the wimbledon loss) are almost reminiscent of the late 2010 years when she looked lethargic and playing inconsistent tennis.

I doubt it's anything to do with the hip injury. More like she is rusty and couldn't find the timing on her strokes (her backhand looked the worst it's ever been). Tbh, even someone as consistent as Vika couldn't find her rhythm at Carlsbad after a long lay off due to her injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Has Maria ever lost 3 out of 4 matches in her career?
Yes, in 2010 fall. Loss to Woz at USO 4R, loss to Kimiko at Tokyo 1R, then won a match against Pironkova at Beijing R1 and lost to Vesnina in the next round.

I expected this match to be tough but never expect her to lose to Sloane. She definitely needs match plays and this loss should be yet another alarming call for her team and herself.

Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote