TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Struggle Tennis

View Single Post

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:10 AM   #147
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Glory, Hallelujah! Hardcourt Glory In The Queen City!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Yeah, I really don't think this performance was due to any changes Connors has made to her game...I know some people have said she was pushing, but I actually thought she was trying to play pretty aggressively, it's just she had no timing ATALL, and when she took some pace off, Stephens being a pretty good mover was managing to chase those shots down in the 2nd and 3rd sets and was frustrating her into errors.

I've NEVER seen her backhand so awful though.
No never seen the BH that bad either. Very, very rare it goes off like that.

Really what she needs to do is basically stick to Hoggy tactics, only not go CC/behind constantly. She should never do that for more than 2 shots in a row, so many rallies extended and points lost because of her refusal to go DTL. But then with her technique and refusal to bend her knees it's harder to go DTL.