TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread

View Single Post

Old Aug 13th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #909
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread

Some of the juniors did very well at the Danish Championships last week. Emma Rønholt and Julie Noe reached the SF in the women's singles, and Ulrikke Høyer and Frederikke Svarre reached the QF (women's singles). I've posted all the results from the Championships in the Danish tennis thread.

Julie Noe was one of the commentators during the livestream of the women's final. I was very glad to hear her talking about her future ambitions: She was definetely going to give it a try on the pro tour! That's why she's practicing every day, she said. Julie is aware that Mai Grage never enjoyed the life as a pro, and Julie also knows about Maria Jespersen's failed attempt at starting a pro career. That made her a bit concerned, of course. But Julie Noe also stressed that her situation is a bit different than Mai's and Maria's. Mai and Maria were more or less alone when they started playing as pros, while Julie is part of a bigger generation of Danish tennis players. The girls of Julie's generation are very good friends, often practice together, and are always helping eachother, she said. Good to hear

Julie (left) and Emma with their bronze medals. Many more photos at the tournament facebook.
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote