TennisForum.com - View Single Post - According to ESPN journalist, Sharapova and Dimitrov are dating

View Single Post

Old Aug 10th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #1312
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute
Re: According to ESPN journalist, Sharapova and Dimitrov are dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@chete View Post
People listen you say, yes. But it has nothing to do with athletes.

That is why I don't expect an answer by @tennisbum79, because he seems to be a little, not very intelligent troll.

I mean, in Iran there is no Burger King or McDonald's or olympia. Should politician now send @tennisbum79 to investigate why?
It has everything to do with athletes. A big thing with the recent Biogenesis and MLB steroids controversy was how the players perpetuate a culture of steroid-use because they don't realize their impact on upcoming athletes and the public.

Li Na is constantly challenging the Chinese media and public of their portrayal. And the very public spat and split between a few Chinese players and the Chinese tennis system says leaps and bounds about their feelings of the policies.

Athletes have been called again and again to comment on gay marriage. Athlete Ally is a very public movement, and include tennis players like Rennae Stubbs, Andy Roddick, and Mardy Fish. The week of the superbowl in the US there was a lot of discussion of athletes supporting gay marriage and reporters were not barred from asking those questions.

The Jason Collins story being front page news for Sports Illustrated?

Athletes in this age, especially with twitter, are expected to comment semi-intelligently on the issues of the day. They have a huge influence, even more than politicians and civil servants, on how the public responds. Homosexuality wasn't part of that dicussion in the US for a while, but it is increasingly becoming one. And I hope Maria does what she thinks is right, and not whats best for her brand.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote