TennisForum.com - View Single Post - According to ESPN journalist, Sharapova and Dimitrov are dating

View Single Post

Old Aug 10th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #1308
country flag M@chete

M@chete is a splendid one to behold M@chete is a splendid one to behold M@chete is a splendid one to behold M@chete is a splendid one to behold M@chete is a splendid one to behold M@chete is a splendid one to behold M@chete is a splendid one to behold M@chete is a splendid one to behold M@chete is a splendid one to behold M@chete is a splendid one to behold M@chete is a splendid one to behold
Re: According to ESPN journalist, Sharapova and Dimitrov are dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj74 View Post
Sorry, but simply comparing USA with Russia's politics is ridiculous. No country is perfect, but USA is a democracy and Russia is a fake one (sorry, but no real democracy vote on such controversial issue and get and unanimous vote).
Well, you can see democracy as the optimum, but that does not mean, US of A has different views on the same topic as Russia. In fact, they share the same view on a lot of things and topics. Obama spent over billions of american US-dollars to get into Capitol Hill and the White House....

Similar money is spent in russia.

The only difference is, that Moscow is the centre while in America, each state can have their own crazy law...

Quote:
Mixing sports with politics is not a good idea
That is what the olympic spirit is (officially) about... And that is why I was asking @tennisbum79, why he was so interested in Sharapova's opinion in particular.

Quote:
boycott
In 1936 there was no boycott. A black man was running and winning in front of Adolf Hitler...

Only politicians can make a judgement as in 1964 with South Africa, and not a single athlete. Russia is a power house. They have power, they have money, they have leverage, formula one, athletics grand prix meetings and world championships, FIFA, etc.

But an athlete cannot make a change. Of course, a single one can say, 'I don't go there', but others will participate.
M@chete is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote