Danish Championships 2013
(1) Maria Jespersen d. Elisabeth Nørgaard 60 60
(Q) Stefanie Jolak d. Laura Gaarde Andersen 61 63
Cecilie Melsted d. (Q) Ida Krause 76(3) 60
(6) Frederikke Svarre d. Anna Riisgaard 62 61
(4) Ulrikke Høyer d. (Q) Ditte Marie Egelund 61 60
Sofie Bjerringgaard d. (Q) Mariah Sommer 60 61
Julie Noe d. Jessica Toluie 61 64
(7) Malene Stripp d. Ella Hedeboe 62 61
(5) Emma Rønholt d. Anna S. Christensen 36 61 62
Kathrine Berge d. Emilie K.S. Hansen 60 61
Frederikke Uhrskov Støchkel d. Sofie Skovbo Jensen 26 62 63
(3) Anna Signe Rasmussen d. (wc) Malou Ejdesgaard 75 46 61
Anne Gylling d. (8) Emilie Elsvad 61 63
(Q) Emma Marie Jensen d. (Q) Sofie Boers 63 62
(Q) Anna Marie Møller d. Josephine Visler 76(5) 36 76(10)
(2) Mai Grage d. (Q) Rebekka Hillingsø 61 60
- No big upsets apart from Malou's defeat perhaps.
- Only seeded player to lose in R1 was (8) Emilie Elsvad.
- Rønholt hasn't been near her best for 6 months or so. Seems to struggle. Won't be a match for Anna Signe Ras.
- Grages quarter (with 4 qualifiers!) is a cakewalk.
- The 2nd quarter seems like the most even. Julie Noe is probably the favourite although unseeded.
- Ida Krause (U14 player) was 2-0 against Cecilie Melsted in 2013 but Cecilie won yesterday when it mattered the most.
Anyway, Cecilie seems over the hill (I hope not, but it seems like it). She was probably the most talented junior in the generation after Barbat and Grage, and she's still probably the only girl younger than Mai Grage that has ever beaten Mai in Denmark (in a GP Masters final at that!). She was a Danish Championship finalist as a 15 yo; has won more junior championship titles than anyone in DK. WTA debut (qualies) at 15 years of age. Always very solid at 12-16 years of age against anyone. Once ranked #4 or 5 in Denmark. Now ranked #41!