TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Evolution of Maria's Game - 2004-2013

View Single Post

Old Aug 4th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #7
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Evolution of Maria's Game - 2004-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
The best of Maria is yet to come
I believe that is possible. I believe so because of training and awareness of her physical condition. I discount 2004...just a different everything about her, height, weight, mentality. But since 2006, there has been a remarkable consistency in her physical condition, minus the injuries. I have noticed about a ten pound range of up and down with her weight, which is not very much. After winning the us open, she was heavier in 2007. She was almost thin by Australia in 2008. During her injury time off, she maintained a high level of staying in shape. I thought I detected a conscious effort to play at a slightly lower weight during the clay season in 2012, culminating in her win at the French open. This year, I noticed it most in Spain, she seemed a few pounds more this year, maybe not lately, and I thought it was a conscious effort to be stronger against Serena....and I thought it worked a little bit.

Serena stays in much better condition than some of the times when she was younger, and I believe Maria is more conscious of zeroing in on exactly what she wants her body to be for the best possible results. I believe it will pay off for her.