TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:48 AM   #3216
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

World no. 3 Victoria Azarenka celebrated her 24th birthday in style with a second round win over former French Open champion Francesca Schiavone in the second round of the WTA Mercury Insurance Open in Carlsbad.

Azarenka had little trouble disposing off the 33 year old Schiavone 6-2, 6-3 and was then presented with a cake on court which she cut. This is her first tournament since pulling out of the second round of Wimbledon due to injuries.

Speaking after her win, Azarenka commented, "Just going on the court and competing was so much joy for me. I missed playing and I was just happy to be able to do something I've been training for. I enjoyed the time I had to go through rehab and learn so many new things. I was excited to see how I would handle it in the match. It was a good feeling to have that platform, and I'll just try to make it better and better."

Azarenka also told reporters that she thought her friends were planning a birthday surprise for her since everyone around her was being very secretive. Boyfriend RedFoo is also in town and was in the stands for her match.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Tennis...colo11790.html
joshum is offline View My Blog!