TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Jul 30th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #2789
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Anthropic View Post
Well, expecting most people to act rationally is an irrational expectation. Steffi learns this lesson from this tournament, because the "best" is yet to come. What happens after the final is a "classic." I see Pooley has it on offer. If it contains the post-match speeches, I'm getting it.
Hope we will learn in the next articles about the post match speeches !!! I am (more) intrigued now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Anthropic View Post
The 1987 Hamburg tournament lost two whole days to rain, which of course hurt attendance (only 40,000 -- although that isn't bad for the circumstances) and annoyed most of the players. Something like they didn't even have the round of 32 finished or the doubles started on the day they should have played the quarterfinals. And then Claudia Kohde-Kilsch and Bettina Bunge lost early to "nobodies." With not much else to do, the press and paparazzi got a little obnoxious with Steffi, who was apparently in a grumpy mood to begin with, and she didn't tolerate being followed around.

I guess it turned into a "Everything is your fault, Steffi!" -- "What do you want me to do about the weather and the other Germans losing?" -- "Put on more of show for us, Steffi!" -- "Are you guys for real?" -- "The men's tournament is better, Steffi!" -- "Why do I even try?" argument.
Ok I see, if you have some read about it ?
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote