TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? - She withdrew! :(

View Single Post

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #123
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? - She withdrew! :(

At this point, I'm just going to assume she'll be withdrawing from Cincinnati as well. It looks like she'll be taking the approach of 2012 and just dump all the US Open warm-ups and show up in New York, hoping for the best. I suppose she'll take confidence from being able to make the semis last year with no hard court matches. No matter what happens, Maria will remain convinced in her own mind that she can still compete at the Open for the title.

I don't agree with that, but, hey, this is Maria's career and she'll continue to do what she feels is best. If she arrives in New York with only 3 matches in 3 months, she has no chance at winning. Some will think otherwise, but that's just my opinion. My guess is this overly cautious approach has more to do with the Connors adjustment than the hip. She probably doesn't feel like her game is championship ready yet. I don't know...

It's turning into a very discouraging 2013 as a Maria fan.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote