TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? - She withdrew! :(

View Single Post

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #87
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? (SharaConnors Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by !VamosRafa! View Post
Are you on drugs again?

Their head to head is close, but Azarenka is a horrible match up for Maria. Azarenka believes she can beat anyone (and she can), even Serena.

They are pretty equal at the moment, but Azarenka is the tougher player mentally.

While this is another slamless year of Maria, Azarenka has managed to defend the AO and win her 2nd Slam (and will be the favorite at the USO if Serena loses early) so I doubt she is worrying about Maria
Your first line would be a lot more -worthy if you weren't paraphrasing what someone had said in the very post before yours.

And I didn't really say anything about "belief". I said I wondered if Azarenka was starting to realise that Maria at her best is better than her. Nothing you said in this post addresses anything I said.

Quote:
Tbh their H2H is dependant on one player playing well, with the other being off their game. I've never seen a match where both have been peaking against eachother.
RG SF: Set one: PEAK Maria, Set two: Flop Maria, Set three: Choke Maria
YEC + Stuttgart final: PEAK Maria, Extremely injured Vika
I think Stuttgart was pretty much Peak Azarenka She actually hit more winners in that match than she did in either the Indian Wells or Beijing matches, and had a healthier W-UE differential. Even the YEC match her stats weren't much worse than those two matches. Only in the RG match were Azarenka's stats significantly worse than when she usually plays Maria.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote