TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alexandra Cadantu

View Single Post

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #1390
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitten Kitten View Post
The fact that she's not amazingly talented, but a hard worker made it even worse for her, but that's a point that I still fail to understand on this forum, because it seems that in here hard workers are worth only of hate, while talented lazy asses are to prize (see Errani, Wozniacki vs Barthel, Kvitova)
It's even worse on MTF.

I guess it's because most hard workers naturally play more defensive as this is the way they can make their often superior level of fitness and consistency a factor.
And defensive game = weak, coward, vulturesque, devious etc.

The funny thing is that actually anyone can bash the ball. Every player could just smack every ball and maybe hit a few winners here and there, but that's not the point of playing tennis.

However, some national bias might play a role as well as Sorana's 3 good matches barely surprise anyone while every time Görges and Kvitova play a good one, the whole community seems to fire up.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote