TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? - She withdrew! :(

View Single Post

Old Jul 25th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #65
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? (SharaConnors Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Does it really matter if Maria is #2 or #3 for the US Open? It's the state of game and her form that's all that matters, not who her potential opponents are because of her seed. If Connors hasn't screwed anything up in his short time with her so far and she maintains form similar to what we've seen in 2013, pre-Wimbledon, then Maria is more than capable of contending in any tournament.

If she's playing anywhere close to her best, there's still only one player on tour better than her. If Vika is one of those players in her way, so be it. Azarenka will be the one feeling the pressure after getting drubbed that last 2 times they've played and Maria will be in good position to prove yet again what so many in the media and elsewhere refuse to accept, which is that Maria is the superior player in this rivalry.
Who are you and what have you done with the person who was previously operating this account?

I agree though, I still don't understand why people get so hung up about rankings. Whether she's #2 or #3, it's just really symbolism that no-one cares about It's not like she's facing the humiliation of dropping out of the top 20 or anything. The only practical effect it has is that she could potentially meet Serena in the semis if she's 3rd seed, and frankly I think Maria has a better chance of beating her in a Slam semifinal than she does in a Slam final (where there's obviously all the extra pressure on top of the huge pressure of looking to finally get a win over her nemesis).
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote