TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? - She withdrew! :(

View Single Post

Old Jul 25th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #62
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? (SharaConnors Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by !VamosRafa! View Post
Vika is playing 3 tournament leading up to the USO. She is a lock for Carlsbad and she will win one of Cincy/Toronto so so expect her to be seeded 2nd for the USO. I can't see Maria never takes Toronto seriously, so it will be tough

I'm just happy that she has been ranked in the top 3 since AO 2012
What has Vika done since her lucky Aussie Open win? Pretty much nothing. She's had more withdrawals and time off than Maria and is just as big a mystery heading into the hard court season as Maria.

Does it really matter if Maria is #2 or #3 for the US Open? It's the state of game and her form that's all that matters, not who her potential opponents are because of her seed. If Connors hasn't screwed anything up in his short time with her so far and she maintains form similar to what we've seen in 2013, pre-Wimbledon, then Maria is more than capable of contending in any tournament.

If she's playing anywhere close to her best, there's still only one player on tour better than her. If Vika is one of those players in her way, so be it. Azarenka will be the one feeling the pressure after getting drubbed that last 2 times they've played and Maria will be in good position to prove yet again what so many in the media and elsewhere refuse to accept, which is that Maria is the superior player in this rivalry.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote