TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Pictures of Sabine

View Single Post

Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 08:19 PM   #3618
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future
Re: Sabine's Picture and Video thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_Loser View Post
Yep.
It's fading real quick, especially with the Bundesliga starting pretty soon.

Though, if she(and others) are able to do well at the US Open that would help establish here(them) more.

Boris Becker and Steffi Graf, still.

There was some hype after Wimbledon but I doubt a lot of people actually watched that tournament, given that it was only shown on pay tv. And pay tv(Sky) isn't that big of a thing in Germany in general.
Yeah, there is no denying the global following football has. Thats why sports such as tennis get more attention during this time of year because football season has finished.

In the Uk, during Wimbledon, everyone is a tennis fan & is talking about it. No football, and full coverage over the BBC. Once it finishes, people start to take no interest in tennis again because the football season is coming up. I'm guessing it's pretty much the same in Germany judging by peoples posts.

Speaking of which i'm looking forward to the new Bundesliga season. Auf Gehts BVB!!!

Not really suprised to see that Becker & Steffi are still the most popular German players given their success.

But who's the most famous of the current crop? Sabine must be up there with her recent success. I don't know about Haas or Kohli. I'm guessing Brands is pretty much an unknown