TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? - She withdrew! :(

View Single Post

Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 09:27 AM   #34
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? (SharaConnors Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by !VamosRafa! View Post
Maria at the net?

Hopefully not, she always looks so silly and misses 90% of volleys

I'm looking forward to the overheads tho
Eh, what are you smoking?

Sure, Maria doesn't have that certain 'touch' at the net, but she nearly wins every point when she gets there.
There's a simple reason for that. Hit a good approach shot, and then finish it quickly at the net.

Maria at her most brutal (US Open 2006) and confident (Australian Open 2008) would blast a shot into a corner and then follow up to the net to finish it quickly.
You don't need good volleys for that. A drive volley will do.

Honestly, it annoys me when she stays back or refuses to hit an overhead. So hearing this actually makes me hopeful about a more aggressive approach from Maria.
Still, practicing it and doing it in a real match are two very different things.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote