TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 ESPY's: Serena wins! (Vika and Pova pics inside)

View Single Post

Old Jul 18th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #108
country flag T-rex

T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 ESPY Winners: Sharapova presented, Serena won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Yeah I had to remind myself that one of the biggest sports stars in America isn't really known outside the states....funny.

Props to Serena for not just winning her awards but for her commitment to the sport. She didn't have to be playing a non-event ins Sweden she could have been there rubbing elbows with her peers and celebrity friends but chose tennis first. She gets bad publicity when she doesn't but no recognition when she does.

Agreed. Good post.

You could probably conduct a college course to try and figure out why the NFL dominates America so much while having absolutely no appeal outside of the USA. It really is a fascinating study. Even soccer, while not very popular in the USA, still has more fans here, than the NFL has in any country outside of the United States.

That's one reason why I like tennis. The WTA truly is a global game. When we crown someone the champion or the best of the world... that person really is the best in the world . Not just the best of some random host country.
T-rex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote