TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 ESPY's: Serena wins! (Vika and Pova pics inside)

View Single Post

Old Jul 18th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #104
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 ESPY's: Serena wins! (Vika and Pova pics inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
Off topic--I don't get why Novak won this!?

Andy: 2 majors, gold
Roger: 1 major, silver
Novak: 1 major, no medal
Nadal: 1 major, MIA

Should have been a solid win for Andy!?
Good question
This is a fan poll,.
I believe Novak's momentum from the last year and continuing up to RG , coupled with Nadal and Federer well publicized difficulties and Murray's anti-charisma personality, may have contributed to the poll results. Murray also skipped RG and Nova made the final there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
On topic: Serena deserved this so much you wonder why they even bothered to add Vika and Masha as nominees...
They[the ESPY] are "supporting" the WTA
Because Serena knew all along she would not be there, she sent her 2 emissaries to represent her, so, as a courtesy, ESPY added them to the nominees.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Jul 26th, 2013 at 05:32 AM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote