TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

View Single Post

Old Jul 18th, 2013, 09:30 AM   #257
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I am. Back in the day Connors was my favorite male player. All the stories you've heard about him being the biggest asshole in the history of the game and a master at gemesmanship are true. But I didn't give a fuck. And millions besides me didn't give a fuck either in those sex, drugs and rock'n'roll days of the game. Connors was someone who would try anything (and I mean ANYTHING) in order to win. So from a mental perspective him working with Maria might work because as a player he was the type of guy who never would settle for second best. And as I said in a previous post, as a player and a competitor Maria reminds me of Jimbo. She's a female Connors without the gamesmanship. And even though he would sometimes employ that tactic, Connors was never a real serve and volleyer like McEnroe. Like Maria he was very much an agressive baseliner and arguably the best returner I've ever seen. Btw, I don't think that Connors failed when he was coaching Roddick. Early on in their partnership Roddick's results improved and even his backhand got a bit better. True, he didn't beat Federer at a slam, but I doubt that any coach could have achieved that with Andy.
From what you're saying they really will be great together. I need Maria to show some attitude on the court the way she used to, I want her to be cocky and to go into matches believing that she's the queen there and the other player is the peasant no matter who's on the other side of the net .

We'll see how she'll handle her first tournament with the new tactics and all .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote