TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alexandra Cadantu

View Single Post

Old Jul 18th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #1352
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname29 View Post
It says that the service is the most important shot in tennis.
It's incredible how a shot so important being so despised by the players and coaches.

I imagine that a 5 years old doesn't feel very attracted to this shot as is normal.
I practiced rugby, and if the coach is not watching us, everyone wanted a ball to ourselves,
and do that which gave us more pleasure... we ran slamming each other to the ground.
Five minutes without coach was a real mess.
So coach's job to make him understand the importance of service in the court,
but also in his future as a player.
I think there is also a correlation between the importance coaches give to the serve and the surface/courts that predominate in a certain country.

Players of countries where Hard Courts or grass dominate usually have a better serve than players from countries where clay is dominant, even up to today.

Has there ever been a male Italian ATP player with a good serve, for example? Has there ever been an American ATP Top 100 player with a disastrous serve? I don't recall any since I started following the sport.

I'm pretty sure all coaches know about the importance of the serve, but if you are only playing on clay courts with your young protégé, then there are things that may seem more important to them at first.