TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alexandra Cadantu

View Single Post

Old Jul 18th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #1349
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

Very nice discussion about the importance of the serve. Even as an outsider I would think it is only logical to prioritize teaching the serve because its quality practically dictates how each point is played.

A novice like me was impressed when yesterday evening a guy at a court next to the one I was playing brought a huge basket of balls and all he did was to practice the serve. The way he went about it was very interesting to me but I am pretty sure it must be normal procedure or close. He went like this: 1st serve outside, 2nd serve inside, 1st serve inside, 2nd serve outside using all the balls each time, 4 rounds total, alternating court sides. I also noticed how he didn't try to serve perfectly from the beginning and he would use the first 3-4 balls to adjust the range from outside the service box to inside. I kind of stopped playing for a while just to look at him and also allow my daughter to observe and see how it's done.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote