TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alexandra Cadantu

View Single Post

Old Jul 17th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #1345
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

Alexandra D.'s main problem seems to be that she still has moments in which her knees don't want to obey. A lot of her DFs these days come from a still troubled service motion. She has problems bending through her knees at times and then she doesn't reach the height to toss the ball on the other side of the net.

Alexandra C.'s problem is that she actually doesn't have a second serve. It's a first serve with a bit less of speed and placement, but she can't spin it in or something.

Monica's serve is a catastrophe. She probably never learned how to serve properly in her early years and of course she could never really catch up the deficits in that regard.
And I remember that match and also that Bojana netted the return on one of the slowest second serves I've ever seen on WTA level where she was basically standing inside the service box.
Monica also hit a drop shot serve against Babos in Monterrey this year.

Other than that, Sorana, Simona and a healthy Irina-Camelia all have actually very good first serves for WTA level of competition.