TennisForum.com - View Single Post - $50.000 Portland, OR (USA) 2013 | Jul 15 (Winner: Kurumi Nara)

View Single Post

Old Jul 17th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #38
CoryAnnAvants#1

CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: $50.000 Portland, OR (USA) 2013 | Jul 15 (Draws)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Melb View Post
If anyone can report on Mayo Hibi's match or gamestlye it would be great. I am very curious to see her development on the ITF circuit, she is still young yet seems to have a very unique game for a Japanese player and she is getting good wins in these tough 50k's.
Hope she can continue getting these wins under her belt, haven't seen an Asian player with a good slice since Yayuk Basuki.
She's a solid all-court player. One-handed topspin backhand and a very flat forehand. Not much power, but places the ball well. Doesn't come into net all that much, but picks the right moments to do so. She's definitely playing at a lower top 100 level now, so I'd expect her to be there by this time next year. She's only defending 35 points between now and MAY 2014!

It's very likely that she'll be in US Open qualies as well. She's in the US Open National championship playoffs in New Haven and is a clear favorite to take that title. She'll be the #1 seed, Kukharchuk is the #2 seed and Melichar is the #3 seed.
CoryAnnAvants#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote