TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

View Single Post

Old Jul 17th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #250
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
Isn't anyone excited about this teaming , Sharapova and Connors .

If Maria starts serving and volleying I might just Die .
I am. Back in the day Connors was my favorite male player. All the stories you've heard about him being the biggest asshole in the history of the game and a master at gemesmanship are true. But I didn't give a fuck. And millions besides me didn't give a fuck either in those sex, drugs and rock'n'roll days of the game. Connors was someone who would try anything (and I mean ANYTHING) in order to win. So from a mental perspective him working with Maria might work because as a player he was the type of guy who never would settle for second best. And as I said in a previous post, as a player and a competitor Maria reminds me of Jimbo. She's a female Connors without the gamesmanship. And even though he would sometimes employ that tactic, Connors was never a real serve and volleyer like McEnroe. Like Maria he was very much an agressive baseliner and arguably the best returner I've ever seen. Btw, I don't think that Connors failed when he was coaching Roddick. Early on in their partnership Roddick's results improved and even his backhand got a bit better. True, he didn't beat Federer at a slam, but I doubt that any coach could have achieved that with Andy.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote