TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

View Single Post

Old Jul 17th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #244
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Ok, you're arrogant.

Apparently it isn't true anyway, but if he wanted to prove that he's a great coach I can perfectly understand him wanting to work with Woz. It's like in football where everyone talks about how great guys like Mourinho, Ferguson and Guardiola are. But everyone can be a great coach with Man U, Barcelona or B Munich. If you want to prove that you're a great coach, let me see you do it with Hamburg or Watford or whatever.
this.
The coaching aspect is very overstated in tennis, which is highly individual sport. Only the most talented succeed anyway, so it's easy to look good and claim the glory while riding the high wave with an elite played on board It's a totally different reality with less talented or gifted folks like Wozniacki, who need to work and try extra hard to achieve the same as Maria for example. I think when it comes to elite players, the biggest obstacle for them to overcome is mainly only the required change of mentality in some big matches and Connors is the best candidate for nurturing this aspect of the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote