TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

View Single Post

Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #224
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Maybe Thomas just really loves reclamation projects. Maria's game was pretty down in the dumps when he started with her and he managed to help make her a consistent top 3 player and propelled her to that 4th slam.

And now with Caroline's career in a tailspin for the past year and a half, he sees another opportunity to challenge himself. It's possible he was bored with Maria or they were bored with each other and they felt no progress was being made anymore.
I don't think bored is the correct word to use. But yeah, it seems pretty likely that they both came to an agreement that there wasn't too much more Thomas could offer. He seems to be a brilliant tennis analyst and technical coach - these aspects will be of massive benefit (in dire need) to Caroline - much more so than Masha at this point. But I guess it's all just speculation at this point.

I think a Caro/Masha match will be interesting considering Thomas knows every little in-and-out of Maria's game A bit unnerving But I wish him the best anyway because he did tremendous things with restructuring her forehand for slower surfaces...it really was a brilliant example of coaching with purpose.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote