TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

View Single Post

Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #223
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Well of course you would

I find it hard to believe Connors would even be willing to suddenly decide to be her coach with just a few days' notice. I mean, this is someone who is retired and has been happily just having a "family life" in recent years -- so by coaching Maria he was committing himself to a major lifestyle change, which ANYONE would want to take quite a bit of time to consider. Add into that the fact that, as I was saying in the GM thread, coaching a woman is a HUGE risk for him (if it doesn't succeed, his reputation/ego will take a big blow) so I find it hard to believe he would've just rushed into this decision and that he would've wanted a lot of time to weigh up this decision before committing to it. So that alone suggests this had probably been under discussion for weeks or even months, imo.
MTE
Mexicola's world: where Thomas Hogstedt SUDDENLY drops Maria Sharapova, telling lies, just to work with Caroline Wozniacki (WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO BOTH)

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Maybe Thomas just really loves reclamation projects. Maria's game was pretty down in the dumps when he started with her and he managed to help make her a consistent top 3 player and propelled her to that 4th slam.

And now with Caroline's career in a tailspin for the past year and a half, he sees another opportunity to challenge himself. It's possible he was bored with Maria or they were bored with each other and they felt no progress was being made anymore.

See, that's much more reasonable imho.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote