TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

View Single Post

Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #221
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post

I don't know, I just get the impression that Thomas was the one who dumped Maria and she was left scrambling to come up with someone on a bit of short notice(I'm sure Thomas did give her a heads up about his decision). But without any big names available, maybe Connors was the best she could come up with. A big name, whom she already had a relationship with.
Well of course you would

I find it hard to believe Connors would even be willing to suddenly decide to be her coach with just a few days' notice. I mean, this is someone who is retired and has been happily just having a "family life" in recent years -- so by coaching Maria he was committing himself to a major lifestyle change, which ANYONE would want to take quite a bit of time to consider. Add into that the fact that, as I was saying in the GM thread, coaching a woman is a HUGE risk for him (if it doesn't succeed, his reputation/ego will take a big blow) so I find it hard to believe he would've just rushed into this decision and that he would've wanted a lot of time to weigh up this decision before committing to it. So that alone suggests this had probably been under discussion for weeks or even months, imo.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote