TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

View Single Post

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #171
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Sickening, the same comments ad nauseum I have to give you credit though, I mean WOW. How you have managed to convince yourself and so many that you are some sort of objective and realistic fan is beyond me. Such a good tactic though, I mean, anytime a fan calls you up on your disgusting and overly sarcastic rants you get to instantly resort to:

Clever (yep take it as a compliment). These two segments within this one, single quote are dripping in so much sarcasm that you could probably fill an ocean.

And of course we have the overly dramatic, negative (not objective, despite what you convince yourself of) histrionics I managed to find within a 2-page post search.

Congratulations on getting a reaction, which no doubt is all you are after. But I really wanted to highlight that your little game is fooling nobody. For the record, I don't care if anyone critiques Maria, I have critiqued her heaps of times myself . I don't expect you to start posting any differently. I have a problem with you trying to cast the illusion that you are even remotely objective and realistic and I will continue to call you out on it because it is incredibly easy to do. What sickens me about posters like you is that the moment she wins another big title [with wins over Azarenka (wow she’s that good in your mind?) and Serena, seeing as though facing them seems to be a condition for winning a big, tough tournament for you] then you will be out there flipping on your ‘opinion’ faster than anyone can click. Based on several quotes from you just in a 2-page post-search, you think she’s done and dusted. Every decision, whether coaching or game related is wrong (not falling for your clever use of – wait for it – NEGATIVE hypotheticals). She’s past her prime. A falling comet destined for a big crash landing. Why bother? Why log in? Why post? Why watch her matches? Why care? I think we both know the answer to that.
I'm touched that you care so much that you took the time to put together a montage of my quotes, even though I'm one insignificant poster in a vast sea of Maria acolytes . A lot of people dismiss sports fandom as a frivolous waste of time, but the emotions it can stir and the way it brings people together or, even repels them, is remarkable. It's great to be passionate about things, no matter what they may be.

I'm sure Maria is very proud of her fanbase and the endless, unwavering support it brings, through all of the ups and downs of a career. These recent events in her life are what make being a follower of hers, being a member of a forum so much fun. Having constuctive, thoughtful, passionate debates and getting different perspectives and seeing things in other ways are what make the boards enjoyable.

And you Lachy are a great poster and a great fan of Maria's and I love seeing you come to Maria's defense. She needs all of the support she can get in this critical transition period of hers. There's never a dull moment in Maria World and we're all in this together, hoping she can overcome all challenges in front of her and become a champion many more times.

A good rep to you my friend.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote