TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

View Single Post

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #162
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
That first article pretty much covers everything that's been discussed here regarding Maria's game over recent weeks and months. That she's not as good a player compared to before the shoulder surgery, that she's better on slower courts, that Thomas helped her develop more topspin to her shots, that she can't sustain depth and consistency with her shots on fast courts, getting exposed by more athletic players, and that she hit a wall with Thomas as coach and wasn't progressing anymore.

It's a good article though, and lays out the real concerns that are evident for Maria at this point in her career. That 2012 clay court run and the French title in particular are what made these past 4 years worth it. Take away that one big major title and what did Maria really accomplish under Thomas?

Bless Maria, she's been trying so, so hard since the surgery to improve and thank goodness she got the French. But when I watch matches of hers post-2009 and compare them to 2004-2008, I still come away feeling it's night and day with the difference. She was such a more well-rounded, confident, and flat-out better player in the early years.

Connors or no Connors, whether you like or hate the move, I wonder if any coach is capable of instilling the piece or two that's needed in Maria's game for her to be more effective on faster courts and to be able to hold her own against the younger, more athletic players that continue to come. Or is she going to continue to look older, slower, and more robotic where matches like the de Brito one become more frequent.
Sickening, the same comments ad nauseum I have to give you credit though, I mean WOW. How you have managed to convince yourself and so many that you are some sort of objective and realistic fan is beyond me. Such a good tactic though, I mean, anytime a fan calls you up on your disgusting and overly sarcastic rants you get to instantly resort to:

Quote:
It's typical of the rose-colored glasses wearing fan that they see only what they want to see. And stating that EVERY one of my 700+ posts contains negativity towards Maria is a perfect example of how blind you are to reality.
Quote:
Well of course any shred of criticism sounds ridiculous to any Maria sycophant who's incapable of pointing out any flaw from their infallible princess.
Clever (yep take it as a compliment). These two segments within this one, single quote are dripping in so much sarcasm that you could probably fill an ocean.

Quote:
Bless Maria, she's been trying so, so hard since the surgery to improve and thank goodness she got the French.
Quote:
Connors or no Connors, whether you like or hate the move, I wonder if any coach is capable of instilling the piece or two that's needed in Maria's game for her to be more effective on faster courts and to be able to hold her own against the younger, more athletic players that continue to come. Or is she going to continue to look older, slower, and more robotic where matches like the de Brito one become more frequent.
And of course we have the overly dramatic, negative (not objective, despite what you convince yourself of) histrionics I managed to find within a 2-page post search.

Quote:
if she wants to remain a top 5 player in the next 3 years.
Quote:
this could be the start of a slide
Quote:
she’s probably one of the great overachievers in tennis history.
Congratulations on getting a reaction, which no doubt is all you are after. But I really wanted to highlight that your little game is fooling nobody. For the record, I don't care if anyone critiques Maria, I have critiqued her heaps of times myself . I don't expect you to start posting any differently. I have a problem with you trying to cast the illusion that you are even remotely objective and realistic and I will continue to call you out on it because it is incredibly easy to do. What sickens me about posters like you is that the moment she wins another big title [with wins over Azarenka (wow she’s that good in your mind?) and Serena, seeing as though facing them seems to be a condition for winning a big, tough tournament for you] then you will be out there flipping on your ‘opinion’ faster than anyone can click. Based on several quotes from you just in a 2-page post-search, you think she’s done and dusted. Every decision, whether coaching or game related is wrong (not falling for your clever use of – wait for it – NEGATIVE hypotheticals). She’s past her prime. A falling comet destined for a big crash landing. Why bother? Why log in? Why post? Why watch her matches? Why care? I think we both know the answer to that.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote