TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

View Single Post

Old Jul 14th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #157
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

Let's put her "confidence and game" with hypotetical numbers... For example, let's call Maria's best level no. 8... Then let's say that the surgery subtracted 3 numbers away and she had no. 5 when she returned and that Joyce managed her to climb 0,5 or 1 number more, to 5,5-6.. Thomas IMO pushed her back to no. 7.. The certain part of the subtracted will never be returned, imo! But still better to add some numbers than to stagnate... that is my humble opinion.
Do you understand what I am trying to say??
Slam or no Slam he helped her regain confidence, he pushed her back to the latter stages of Slams, in 2011 when she reached SF in RG we went crazy, QF, SF in years!!, or noone remembers that anymore?? He made her consistent! He helped her climb back to the top 3 and even more to be no.1 again... He added that spring step, the belief... Which also helped her to win a Slam...
I hope Connors will be good without learning her "his way"...