TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

View Single Post

Old Jul 14th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #153
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by !VamosRafa! View Post
I'm pretty skeptic about this. Her post-injury game has reached a peak in 2012 and since the FO 2012, her game has slowly been deteriorating (tho have results have remained consistent). At all Slams this year she had weaker results than last year, so I expect she will have another year in the top 5 in 2014 and then her game will start to decline rapidly.

I don't think she can improve and despite everything, her game is limited, no matter how hard she works on it. She had a much more fluid motion in her shots in 2004-2009 and after that her game became too robotized. She was very lucky to win the FO 2012 and it's the highlight of her post-injury career, but I don't think she will win any more Slams. She will surely be a contender to go far at the AO and FO though.
THIS. Honestly, if it weren't for her guile and relentless power, Maria would probably be getting hammered by the competition a lot more now. Hoggy got her to be consistent...too consistent...to the point where her game is a book that the top players have memorized

Edit: She was also more of a shotmaker, less of a ball machine before

Last edited by effedcamel : Jul 14th, 2013 at 06:29 PM.
effedcamel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote